Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stole this Idea ;-)

On Saturday at the pottery studio where I work, a lady started talking to me about the type of art I like to make. I said that I make lots of stuff, mostly textiles. She then asked for my card. I said I didn't have one. She looked at me and said, "I like to support local artists. Next time when I come in here, you WILL have a card." I liked that she pushed me.

Well, today I went onto Vista Print and ordered up some free (other than shipping) business cards. I had them imprinted with my name, number, email, and blog. AAAAAND an etsy store. Yup, I finally set up a seller's account. I have not listed anything yet, but I will. My first batch of items will be clerical stoles. Random, yes, but there aren't many sellers doing them on etsy. And having a dad who's a pastor gives me and inside scoop on what they like. I made my first prototype for my dad's birthday today. This is Jeff (my boyfriend) modeling it.

Dad said he would send me a picture of himself wearing it on Sunday.

Here's a closeup.

Not sure how I will price them, yet. I want to make about five of them and then list them. I named my shop after my blog (and my great grandmother). It gives me the flexibility to sell a variety of things. My card tagline reads, "Creations of Words, Whimsy, and Wonder." I am excited to see what happens. It's a step in the right direction, though! I have a solid three weeks before they will arrive, and in the meantime, I need to get to work!


1 comment: