Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So You Think You Can Design?

I've moved a LOT. I have had 21 different bedrooms over the last ten years. That's a lot. Some elements of those rooms were used once and then abandoned, other things have come with me for the long haul. Most places I've moved, I haven't really had a living room to decorate - just the bedroom. I don't claim to know a lot about design other than what I know instinctively, have learned on blogs, or discovered in my own experience.

The Wunderkammer aesthetic has always appealed to me.This is most likely due to my obsession with thrift stores. I like creating unique combinations of items that have never ever been put together before now. It's like introducing new friends.

Those things will always appeal to me.

But as I get older, my taste refines. Recently I've been all about pops of color. Like this:I am coming to an acceptance with neutrals and white space, understanding their necessity. You can see a lot of this in Scandanavian design. Case in point: The Huset Shop.




There are so many ways you can make your house a cool place to live, one that suits YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment